Banana bread can bring back the nostalgia of grandma’s recipe, but off-the-shelf options are loaded with sugar and preservatives. Try this refined sugar-free, gluten-free, and paleo recipe for moist and flavorful banana bread muffins. Perfect for breakfast or an anytime snack, this banana bread is super easy to make and packed with wholesome sources of all macronutrients including healthy fats and protein that will keep you full and energized. In my experience, they stay fresh on the countertop for 4-5 days.
This recipe is incredibly easy to make, just mix all the dry ingredients together and mix the wet ingredients together before mixing everything together to a medium consistency. While you’re combining your ingredients, preheat your oven to 350°.
Prepare your muffin pan with liners and portion your mixture into each, adding walnut pieces for a crunchy, toasted topping. Be sure to not overfill your liners, providing enough space for the muffins to rise. Bake for 30 minutes.
After baking, remove from your oven and allow muffins to cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes. Pair with your favorite warm beverage or try with Turmeric Golden Milk.
Banana Bread Muffins (Gluten Free)
- 2 Bananas
- 4 Eggs pasture raised
- 3 tbsp Grass-Fed Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1⁄4 cup Maple Syrup
- ½ cup Coconut Flour
- 1 cup Almond Flour preferably blanched
- ½ cup Walnuts optional
- 1.5 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- Pinch of Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and fill muffin pan with non-stick muffin liners
- In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until completely smooth.
- Add in eggs and maple syrup and mix with the mashed bananas.
- Mix in the baking soda, salt, vanilla extract, cinnamon, coconut flour and almond flour.
- Stir in the melted butter and mix well. You can also add your walnuts here as well (optional)
- Pour the batter into your prepared muffin pan to the top and add extra walnuts on top (optional)
- Bake for 30 minutes 350°F (175°C), or until a tester (toothpick) inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for a few minutes. Enjoy!