The colorful presentation of your food can work wonders in enticing others to share in your passion for healthy eating. Shellfish such as shrimp and langostino work well for this recipe because they cook quickly and absorb the flavors of the garlic herb butter cooking base.
Replacing tortillas with lettuce makes this recipe easier to digest and gluten-free, all while adding with a satisfying crunch!
Combine wet and dry ingredients to make the sauce for your cabbage-brussel sprout slaw.
The creaminess of the avocado mayo and tangy heat of the hot sauce balance to complement, not distract from, the buttery deliciousness of the shrimp.
Cook the shrimp on medium heat in the garlic herb butter base for 3-4 minutes per side. They will cook very fast, so be sure to watch your timer as overcooking them will give them a rubbery texture.
Portion the shrimp into the lettuce, garnish with cilantro, and pile on a generous helping of the tangy sauce that will make these wraps disappear in no time!
Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
- 1 head Artisan Lettuce
- 1 cup Red Cabbage
- 1 cup Green Cabbage
- 1/2 cup Brussel Sprouts (shaved)
- 1 cup Wild Caught Shrimp
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder (divided)
- 1 tbsp Dried Herbs (divided)
- 2 tbsp Avocado Mayo
- 2 tbsp Hot Sauce
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Grass Fed Butter or Ghee
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a medium pan or medium-high heat, add in ghee or butter, shrimp, 1/2 tsp of garlic powder and dried herbs and salt & pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- In a small bowl to make the sauce, mix the avocado mayo, hot sauce, lemon juice and remaining of dried herbs and garlic powder.
- For the slaw, in a separate mixing bowl, mix together the red cabbage, green cabbage and shaved brussel sprouts. Add half of the sauce and mix thoroughly. Set aside.
- To serve, spoon a few tablespoons of the slaw mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf, taco-style. Add the shrimp, sauce and ENJOY!